Wednesday, September 9, 2015

I'm Back!

Hello blogging world!  It's me....again.  Yes, I know I said I left.  And yet, here I am.  You know when I said I felt "pigeon-holed" by this blog, like I wanted a more clear cut goal and voice.  Well, I was wrong.  AGAIN.  Turns out, this is my voice.  I started another blog, wrote a few posts and then never followed through.  My mind always came back to Everyday Girl....how much I missed this blog and all the posts I wanted to write for it.  Apparently, I don't want a more defined blog, I want o jump all over the place!  :)

Guess what....this February I completed the 2015 Glass Slipper Challenge at Walt Disney World.  I did it!!!!  Seven months later and I'm still so excited that I have a big, goofy grin on my face just thinking about it.  You would think I would have wrote about it on my other blog, but for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to do it.  I kept thinking about this blog and wanted to share my story with all of you (yes, I'm aware that "all of you" is probably a pretty big statement for the three people who may be reading this). 
2015 Glass Slipper Challenge

So, I'm back.  Over the next few weeks, I plan on recapping my Glass Slipper Challenge races, the race expo and I'm going to take you waaaayy back to my first ever runDisney experience, the Neverland Family 5k in 2015.  (That blog post is for everyone who is like me, and just loves reading runDisney race recaps, no matter how old).  I'm also currently registered for the 2016 Star Wars Rebel Challenge and the 5k (along with my daughter, our first runDisney 5k event together!).  But, as you'll also read over the next few weeks, life has thrown me a bit of a curve ball and I may not be able to run these races.  I'm hoping for a positive outcome and that this medical issue will be nothing but a bump in my road.  I think that may be why else I have come back to this blog and sharing.  I loved writing regular blog posts and sharing with the world.  When I read comments, it made me smile and lately I have been realizing that life is short and anything that makes you smile should be part of your day to day life.  As much as I haven't been around, I've never really left.  Everyone who follows this blog (as well as so many others), I've never quit reading your blogs.  I haven't been commenting but I feel like I have been following along and a part of your online lives.  So as much as you haven't been hearing about me, I'm still here....and now it's time to catch you up.  

Welcome back!

No comments:

Post a Comment