Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tasty Tuesday

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Today I am super excited to share a recipe that I just discovered yesterday.  It was soooo good that I wanted to share it immediately.  I have been a salt & vinegar chips girl my whole life.  I love them...and the more salty and vinegary, the better.  Unfortunately, salt and vinegar chips are not really "healthy" (by "not really", I actually mean "not at all") healthy options.  I have struggled to find something that will fill those cravings with less calories..or at the very least more nutrients.  I have found it! Thanks to Angela at Oh She Glows for publishing this recipe!  I copied it straight from her website, but head on over and check out more of her recipes.  My mouth starts watering just reading them!

 Salt & Vinegar Chick Peas
 
Ingredients:
 
2 cups canned chickpeas*
3 - 4 cups white vinegar
1 tsp coarse sea salt
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
 
Directions: Line a baking sheet with tin foil or parchment paper. Take chickpeas and vinegar and place in a medium sized pot. Add a dash of sea salt. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat. Let sit in pot for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 425F. Carefully drain chickpeas. Place on lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and sea salt. Massage with fingers until fully coated. Roast for 45 minutes, flipping once half way through. Keep a careful eye on them after 35 minutes of cooking to ensure they don’t burn. The goal here is crispy and golden chickpeas, not black…lol. Enjoy as a high protein snack or as a side to a lunch or dinner.
*Note: I assume you could also use dry chickpeas and cook them in vinegar from scratch. Also note: When I brought the cooked chickpeas to a boil, some of the peas split open and some of the skins came off. Not to worry if this happens-it will turn out regardless!

I forgot to take pictures, so check out Angela's below.
Read more: http://ohsheglows.com/2010/08/03/easy-salt-vinegar-roasted-chick-peas/#ixzz2PzFlm7EZ
 
These were awesome straight out of the oven and still great a couple hours later as a snack.  They didn't last long!  All three of my kids loved them as well, and my husband couldn't get over how great they were. 
 
Question of the day: What's your favorite guilty flavor?  Salt, chocolate, sweet, tangy, sour?


2 comments:

  1. Omg, those sound delicious! I LOVE salt and vinegar chips. I'm going to have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I saw the recipe, I knew I had to try them!!

    ReplyDelete